Chicken – 1 ½ Kg
Tomato, sliced – 200g
Onion, sliced – 250g
Green chilli, slitted – 3nrs
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Ginger and Garlic paste – 1 tsp each
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves, chopped – a few
To make Salna coconut masala
Dry Redchilli – 12 nrs
Coconut – ½
Coriander seeds – one handful
Black Peppercorns – 1 tbsp
Jeera seeds – 1 tbsp
Coconut oil – 50 ml
Refined oil – 50ml
Saunf – ½ tsp
Mint leaves, chopped
Method of Preparation
- Prepare the finely ground salna coconut masala out of given ingredients in the column.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel, put saunf and let it to pop. Add mint leaves and mix it.
- Add onion, fry it nicely. Add tomato and sauté it well. Add ginger and garlic paste, stir it altogether. Add turmeric powder and mix. Keep the flame in simmer.
- Add the salna coconut masala, stir it nicely. Add salt and chicken pieces now.
- Mix it all together till the masala get into the chicken pieces well.
- Pour enough water to cook the chicken, Cover the vessel with lid and cook it in simmering fire.
- Finally put some chopped coriander leaves on top and remove it from fire.
- This home style chicken salana is very opt to taste with rice, chappathi, Parotta, idli, idiyappam and dosa.
Click the link for Chef RajMohan’s video recipe – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFVSyp_b5q0