Parboiled Rice (Puzhungal Arisi) – 1 ½ cup
Raw Rice (Pacha arisi) – ½ cup
Ghee or Refined Oil – 2 tbsp
Coconut Gratings – ½ coconut
Method of Preparation
- Soak the rice items for about 4 hours in water. Rinse it well after soaking.
- Add little water to the soaked rice and put in to the mixie.
- Grind it nicely and take it out. Pour it down into the heavy bottomed vessel.
- Make the rice mixture into the consistency of Dosa batter. Add salt and Ghee / Oil. Mix it.
- Keep the vessel over the low flame and stir consistently. If you stir it for few miuntes, it shall become a dough kind texture. Remove from fire. Let it to get cool down for few minutes.
- Apply little oil in your palm, now knead / mix the dough mixture till it become soft.
- Now you can place the Idiyappam dough in to Idiyappam intruder.
- Prepare Idiyappam and put few coconut gratings over each Idiyappam. Steam the Idiyappam for 5 minutes.
- Now the excellent Idiayppam is ready to taste.